We're biking across the United States to raise money for Gallaudet University's Personal Discovery Program, a 501(c)3 charity. If this is your first visit, please read our welcome page and how you can help page.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Beautiful Day

Dighton, KS to Bazine, KS
45 miles

We had a beautiful day today, which ended with a stay at Elaine's bed and breakfast, which caters only to cyclists. We got the "Foo Foo" room, which certainly is foofy, with a satin pink, lace-edged bedspread. They invited us to join them for dinner at a pizza place, and I ate a whole pizza.

One thing that I've noticed lately is that there really is a lot of roadkill on the roads. I think I've never noticed it while driving because we're going too fast to notice them, and they are so small. But let me tell ya... Roadkill from a bicycle is a lot more disgusting from a bike than from a car. Both the visual and the olfactory aspect.

Since we eat every hour or so, we eat a lot of Snickers candy bars or other carb-laden food. I never thought I could hate a candy bar so much. I'm sick of Snickers. They have a Snickers Marathon bar, which gives us a bit of variety, as well as Almonds Snickers and Snickers Crunch. Today, I saw they now have Snickers Shrek, in anticipation of Shrek 3 coming out, and it has green stuff in it. I'll have to try it and see how it tastes.

PS: Happy birthday to my sister, Dawn!

No comments: